Custom Search

Energy Performance Certificates

Help with Home Information Packs or HIPs from

EPCs can only be provided by an accredited Energy Assessor. Having already provided over 500 Energy Performance Certificates, our partners NRG Matters will not only provide you with an Energy Performance Certificate but discuss your requirements and provide you with an EPC appropriate to your circumstances, or not if it is felt that one is not required.

Energy Performance Certificates provide you with information on how to make your home more energy efficient. All homes need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) when they are bought sold or rented. The EPC contains information on a dwellings energy use and carbon dioxide emissions. It also contains a recommendations report with various cost based suggestions to reduce energy use and carbon dioxide emissions.

If you are selling your home then an EPC will be required, and it must be no more than three years old. If you are renting / letting a dwelling an EPC will still be required, but in these circumstances the EPC is valid for up to ten years, although if a newer EPC is produced for the property only the latter is valid.

An EPC looks similar to those you find on many domestic appliances used in your kitchen. The graphs are rated from A to G with an A being the best and G the worst. The average energy efficiency rating for a dwelling in England and Wales is band E (rating 46).

The Seller is the 'relevant person' under EPC legislation and is responsible for making the EPC available. The seller, not the agent, is liable to a penalty charge if the EPC is not made available.